|Pre-implementation scenario: The company needed to streamline its interaction with its dealers whilst reducing costs incurred in this process. There was a demand –
- To decrease the response time in order to increase the efficiency of work.
- Need for an efficient & improved dealer management system.
- Technology migration, to build a platform independent system, cost effective, and an open source based product.
- Adopting Yamaha Next Generation Architecture (a java based framework) and implementation.
- Multi lingual system to improve user friendliness.
Post-implementation scenario: YMSLI developed a Dealer Management System for the client, providing following benefits:
- Web-based interface, which enabled dealers to view their monthly statements, query the contracts sold by them, generate reports and perform certain data entry operations.
- Managing dealers profiles and assessing dealer operations.
- Enabled the company to collaborate with dealers throughout the forecasting process.
- Retain customer loyalty by improving customer satisfaction and enhancing aftermarket sales relationships.
Benefits to YMNL:
- MVC benefits over n-tiers architecture model.
- Support for Multiple Client Devices.
- Replacement of an MVN component without re-writing the entire application.
- Robust, web-based application , no client side installation requirement.
- Cost redundant and money-value of an open source product.
Business Integration and Improvement:
- Create a seamless flow of product information to steer the sales process.
- Reduce time by streamlining processes and gaining transparent order tracking of auto parts.
- Make critical decisions instantly with near real-time access to information.
- Personalize relationships, interactions and transactions with dealers, channels, partners and customers by sharing data across organizations.
- Provide a single point of access to service after sales information and processes.
- Proactively handle warranty claims and issues.